Welcome to Transparency Blog! We don’t know how you found this site, but we know without a shadow of a doubt that God brought you here for a reason.
- struggle with spending consistent time with God and want more fulfillment in your relationship with Him
- find yourself fearful of being everything God has called you to be
- lack self-confidence and haven’t figured out how to live freely in God’s promises
- struggle with seeing yourself the way God sees you and want to overcome what people think about you
- battle with trusting God or have no idea how to actually believe what He says
- find yourself lonely and desire to find a community of like-minded women who can help you grow and hold you accountable
And that’s okay! After you’ve hung here a while, it is our deepest prayer that you will come to know just how much you matter to God. We hope you will believe that God finds you significant, you belong to Him, and He loves you more than you could ever comprehend. As if that’s not enough, we pray you will begin to be bold in who God says you are and experience a joy and freedom that cannot be explained. That’s why our mission is to teach and empower the Christian woman to conquer fear and self-doubt so that she can confidently believe who God has called her to be.
SO. With that said, can we set a couple of ground rules?
- You matter. End of discussion.
Our passion is to make everyone feel encouraged and valued. Whether that’s through our online resources or empowerment events, we want to leave you better than we found you, as though you’ve encountered the love of Christ.
- This is a safe place.
We have made it a sincere goal to create a safe environment for everyone that is apart of this community. No matter what you’re going through, we care about you and want to give you the opportunity to be open about it.
- Transparency is not just a name.
We keep things real. We’re transparent because we’re real people going through real life too. We do this to remind you that you’re not alone. And if God can work in and through our lives, He can do the same for you!
Posts go live every Monday, and the TB newsletter is sent out every Tuesday!
What to Expect:
1. Lessons we’ve learned while walking with Christ that will help you realize that you are not alone when facing the challenges of being a Christian.
2. Scriptures, bible studies, and devotionals that will encourage you and remind you of God’s faithfulness and sovereignty.
3. Testimonies and interviews that will inspire you to chase after God and walk in your calling with your gifts, weaknesses, and talents.
- If you have any prayer requests, we would love to pray for you. Just click here.
- Read some popular posts such as 10 Ways to Remove Distractions and Choose God First or Number 1 Weapon to Fight the Enemy.
- Check out the free resources including devotionals and a resource library filled with worksheets, scriptures cards, and more.
About Hanha, Founder of Transparency Blog
My first year of college was probably one of the hardest years of my life. I had never felt so alone, and I questioned absolutely everything about my faith. I remember being on the phone with my mom confused about who I was as a person.
My mom encouraged me to read the Bible with her from the start of Genesis to the end of Revelation. We emailed scripture back and forth and wherever one stopped, the other would pick up until we had finished the entire Bible. It was through this experience and many others, that I began to understand who I was and how my identity was being molded into the identity of Christ.
Rededicating my Life
Growing up in the church, I always knew the bible stories, but I remember rereading about Moses and the children of Israel. It was the perfect illustration and parallel to my life. Before truly walking with God, I was broken, insecure, lost, empty, confused, and prideful. I was just like the children of Israel who were trapped in bondage under Pharaoh’s rule. But instead of a king, I was trapped by worldly chains like the opinions of others, idols of success, and the desire to be perfect.
But it’s almost as if God showed up and poured out His grace, love, and mercy all over me. I was overwhelmed by His faithfulness and how He chose to love me in spite of my brokenness. He pursued me when I didn’t want to be pursued and accepted me when I couldn’t even accept myself. So in October of 2012, I made the decision to rededicate my life to Christ and fully surrender myself to Him. I remember standing there sobbing because I finally felt whole and loved. It was my first step, and I was so determined to live solely for Him.
Growing in Faith
Just like in any relationship, it is so important to spend quality time with the person. I started to spend time with God and I made an effort to talk to Him every day. I didn’t know exactly what to do, what to say, how to study, or anything else. It’s why I used private blogs to write my prayers and thoughts because it was easier to write than speak to God out-loud.
That was in 2012, and I would like to say that I have grown so much since then. I don’t need blogs to pray, but there’s something about writing out my experiences and leaving all of my emotions in a post. I decided to cast my cares on God through writing so I could process how I felt and find peace through difficult situations.
Transparency Blog Goes Public
It wasn’t until 2014 that I believed my story and experiences could possibly encourage someone else. I wanted others to know that they weren’t alone. I wanted to be real and I wanted to be vulnerable because how could anyone really relate to a superficial conversation? How could I help anyone if I wasn’t willing to be open about my doubts, insecurities, or brokenness?
Originally, I was anxious and scared about making my blog public. I just couldn’t get past myself or the comparison. Why would mine matter? How would my blog be any different? Would people even read it? Then I was reminded, it’s not about me, it’s about God. I chose the name Transparency because I want people to see me for who I really am: a sinner saved by grace.
So thank you for being here. I’m excited to witness all that God does through you and through this blog. If you’re feeling up to it, come hang out with me on Instagram! I’d love for us to connect and chat. 🙂